Stewartry Athletics Club are keen to recognise the commitment and achievements of the member athletes of the club. One way of doing this is through the awarding of Club Trophies in various categories at the end of each season.
Although the criteria for awarding these trophies may change depending on the disciplines and categories being recognised they would generally fall under the following headings:
- Participation: Recognition of the commitment of an Athlete to the club through the number of competitions/events he/she has taken part under the clubs name.
- Performance: Recognition of the level of performance of an Athlete in competition during the past year.
- Achievement: Recognition of the progress an Athlete has made in his/her chosen events, usually through the improvement in individual performance but may also include the overcoming of adversity through injury etc.
The club have a number of awards that are awarded each year including:
- Junior Male Athlete of the Year (up to Under 13 Level)
- Junior Female Athlete of the Year (up to Under 13 Level)
- Senior Male Athlete of the Year (up to Under 20 Level)
- Senior Female Athlete of the Year (up to Under 20 Level)
- Most Improved Athletes (Usually 2 awards, categorise to be decided)
Additional Awards may be awarded each year for specific categories. All awards and categories will be decided upon by those present at the Clubs AGM each year.